FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long does it take for my carpet to dry after the cleaning?
6 to 8 hours, we canuse an industrial carpet dryer to speed it up, if needed.
Do you vacuum first?
Yes, we do on our Silver and Gold Packages.
Do you move furniture?
Yes, we do on our Silver and Gold Packages. We place Styrofoam blocks or plastic sheets under the furniture we move.
Which method do you use?
We use both truck-mounted steam cleaning and dry cleaning. We do recommend the truck-mounted steam cleaning process and so does Shaw Industries, the world’s largest carpet manufacturer.
How often should I clean my carpet?
Each home can vary on how often the carpet should be cleaned. The EPA recommends in a 2-person, non-smoking household we should clean every 6-8 months for health reasons. Click here to see the EPA Cleaning Frequency Recommendations. Not only should you be cleaning for appearance, but MORE IMPORTANTLY for your indoor health environment. You and your family breathe what’s in your carpet. Carpeting is the best flooring for filtering dust, pollen, bacteria, and other containments. The problem is that most people don’t clean this filter as often as they should.
Does carpet cleaning help with allergies?
Yes. The air is filled with dust, air pollution, pollens, and scores of other contaminants. Carpet is a natural filter for these pollutants, but where do they go when that filter is full. You guessed it, right back into the air, causing allergic reactions. By having your carpet cleaned on a regular basis not only improves their appearance but more importantly, it will improve your indoor health environment and help with allergy problems.
Why should I have protector applied to my carpet and upholstery after they have been cleaned?
- Eliminates old stains: Even a small urine spot can ruin the entire look of your carpet and upholstery. Applying carpet and upholstery protector helps you eliminate food spills or spots more efficiently. Overall, you can avoid lasting stains and odors.
- Save high-traffic areas from being damaged: High-traffic areas are susceptible to dust pollutants and soil. These contaminants can easily damage your unprotected carpet or upholstery. By putting a layer of the protector, you can extend the lifespan of your carpet and upholstery.
- Easy Removal of Spots: If you can remove the spot or stain easily, then less cleaning solution is required to clean the carpet or upholstery. By applying a protector, the stain does not penetrate deep into the fabric. Thus, the spots can be removed easily.
- Improves indoor air quality: Your carpet and upholstery hold allergens, which can be the reason for poor indoor air quality. This can cause many health problems. With carpet and upholstery protector, you can improve the air quality by avoiding mold or allergens penetrating the carpet and upholstered furniture.
- Extend the durability of the carpet: Using a protector, you can increase the lifespan of your carpet and upholstery. You can prevent the surface against water, dirt, mold, and bacteria. A carpet protector also helps you save money in the future.